For those of you wanting to explore Chicago and experience their hottest neighborhood I’d recommend checking out the West Loop. On my most recent February 2016 trip to Chicago I explored the area numerous times and wanted to share the Top 10 Eats I recommend you experience. Happy Dining, find more Chicago Restaurants I adore here.
1. Gorgeous interior with delicious food – Avec Restaurant. 615 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60661.
Photos courtesy of Avec
3. The Best Burger and super chill dive bar esque scene – Au Cheval. 800 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607.
4. Best Meats & Lunch – The Publican Restaurant. 837 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607.
Photos courtesy of The Publican
5. Best Seafood & Best Ice Cream Sundaes – Cold Storage. Read more about my incredible dinner at Cold Storage here plus their amazing Sundaes dessert spread!! 1000 West Fulton Street, Chicago. IL 60607.
6. Best Diner – Little Goat Diner. Having dined at the various Stephanie Izard restaurants including Girl and a Goat and Little Goat, the Little Goat Diner is my favorite. Really, because I love the fun casual aspect of it and the accessibility of experiencing the talented Chef Stephanie Izard’s cooking in a fun, well priced setting. Trust me you’ll love it! 820 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607.
7. Best Bakery & Coffee Shop- Little Goat Bakery. This adorable Coffee Shop & Bakery is located next to Little Goat Diner. I’ve been a few times and it’s hard to resist swinging by for a coffee, a bite or drink at the bar…. It really has one of those super cool nostalgic bar like settings, similar to Coffee Shop in New York City. 820 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607.
9. Best Italian – Monteverde. Having recently spent almost a month in Chicago Monteverde was the one spot I was most excited to try. Why, because I had heard they had the best new Italian in the area which I completely agree with. Plan ahead though as it’s hard to get a reservation in this hot new comer in town!! Also if you walk in try to score a seat at the bar with views of the fresh pasta made by hand daily. Incredible!! 1020 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60607.
10. Best NEW Restaurant – Swift & Sons. This comes from the well known Boka Group and is attached to Cold Storage (remember the Ice Cream Sunday spot I mentioned above). Both are incredible and must tries. 1000 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607.
Photos courtesy of Anthony Tahlier