Upcoming Eat Drink SF 2015
I can barely contain excitement for the upcoming Eat Drink SF August 20th – 23rd in San Francisco! It is the definition of my favorite weekend in San Francisco because it combines the area’s exceptional food and drinks in one location. What could be better? The series of events will be taking place August 20th-23rd all around San Francisco, but the main venue is the Festival Pavilion at Fort Mason Center. 2 Marina Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94123.
The list of talented chefs that will be featured at the event, and will be sharing their fantastic cuisine’s, is long and amazing! Some of my very favorite San Francisco restaurants will presenting their outstanding food. A few that caught my eye and got me excited on the lineup include Belga, Fog City, Flour + Water, Aatxe, Pogio, Luce San Francisco, Del Dotto Vineyards, RN74, Delfina Restaurant Group, Copita, Palm House, and Tony’s Pizza Napoletana. Those are just a few of the wonderful restaurants, and I am looking forward to trying all the delicious dishes and drinks!
There are also some amazing Wine, Beer & Cocktail experts so don’t just eat, be sure to take advantage of the various Wine, Beer & Cocktail seminars and tastings which are just as impressive as the culinary line up. I’m dying to experience the Test Your Wine Knowledge Blind Tasting Event led by Wine Spectator and San Francisco Wine School.
About Eat Drink SF: Eat Drink SF started in 2009 as SF Chefs to celebrate the amazing culinary community in the Bay Area. When Jet Setting Fashionista Board Advisor, Gwyneth Borden joined Golden Gate Restaurant Association she helped rebrand the event from SF Chefs to Eat Drink SF. “Each year, more than 200 restaurants participate in Eat Drink SF activities, which include a preview party, Grand Tasting sessions, food and beverage classes, and cooking demonstrations.” In the past, the annual event has brought in over 7,500 attendees, and the weekend allows an opportunity for restaurants and chefs to directly connect with the community and potential restaurant guests. Eat Drink SF promotes the Bay Area as a location that focuses on the taste makers, and portrays our exceptional city as a “world-class culinary destination.”
Chef Thomas McNaughton (of Flour + Water, Central Kitchen…) hanging at Eat Drink SF 2014
Inside the Grand Tasting, Main Stage demonstrations include:
- Friday, August 21: Celebrity chef Elizabeth Falkner and The Slanted Door’s Charles Phan with emcee Leslie Sbrocco
- Saturday, August 22 (Afternoon Grand Tasting): Top Chef Ryan Scott & former Olympian and cookbook author Brian Boitano, Tony Gemignani of Tony Gemignani Restaurant Group, and Chris Marchino of Cotogna & Michael Tusk of Cotogna and Quince with emcee
“Foodie Chap” Liam Mayclem
- Saturday, August 22 (Evening Grand Tasting): Michael Chiarello of Coqueta, and Wesley Shaw of Presidio Social Club & Master Beer Sommelier Marc Stroobandt of Stella Artois with emcee Joel Riddell.
Chef Joanne Weir of Copita Tequileria y Comida leading a cooking demo from 2014 Eat Drink SF
Inside the Grand Tasting, San Francisco Wine School Beverage Classroom presents its Summer Fun workshops including:
- Friday, August 21: Bubbles, Bubbles & More Bubbles, The Dark Side of Pinot Noir, and Que Syrah Syrah
- Saturday, August 22 (Afternoon Grand Tasting): Chardonnay: Burgundy, Butter & Beyond, Summer Through Rose Colored Glasses
- Saturday, August 22 (Evening Grand Tasting): Wines Around Sicily, 50 Shades of Gris, Do Points Matter?, and Cabernet is King
On Saturday, August 22, Eat Drink SF presents the following stand-alone Consumer Classes:
- Sprinkle, Sizzle, Sip: Your Guide to Expert Seasoning, Grilling and Beer Pairing presented by Stella Artois – Join Marc Stroobrandt, Master Beer Sommelier, one of San Francisco’s best Chefs, and John Beaver, owner of the acclaimed Oaktown Spice Shop, to learn new approaches to seasoning, grilling, and beer pairing
- Classic Cocktail A-Game: The Art, Stories, and Up the Sleeve Tricks presented by Sipsmith Gin – Learn the fundamentals of constructing a cocktail, techniques that turn a good cocktail into a great cocktail, and an easy way to begin modifying these classic cocktails for simple variations led by Tablehopper’s Marcia Gagliardi and Leilani Vella of Sipsmith Gin
- Wine Spectator’s Test Your Wine Knowledge – Back by popular demand for a fourth year, Wine Spectator and three wine experts will teach you what it takes to analyze wines in a blind tasting using Wine Spectator’s The group will blind taste through a line-up of six different wines, each from different regions, and grape varieties. Not even the sommeliers will know what they are tasting!
I highly suggest you attend at least one of the Eat Drink SF events because it will be an experience you will not soon forget. I have been the past two years, see a bit of the fun from last year’s Eat Drink SF here….. I know I will be there, and I can’t wait! Buy Tickets Here.
Images courtesy of Eat Drink SF