Flavor Napa Valley’s Grand Tasting Top 10 Eats
This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending Flavor Napa Valley. Flavor Napa Valley is a weekend of Food, Wine & Fun that takes place in Napa hosted by the Visit Napa Valley organization with various other partners and sponsors making this incredible weekend happen. To me, Saturday evening’s Grand Tasting was the pinnacle of the weekend bringing together the most talented Chef’s & Wineries in the Napa Valley sharing their incredible Food & Wine with guests like myself attending. Below you’ll find my Top 10 Eats from the amazing Grand Tasting. I hope you enjoy the incredible eats I enjoyed and I hope to see you next year for the Flavor Valley fun!!! It’s a weekend not to be missed.
The incredible Culinary Institute of America (C.I.A. at Greystone) in St. Helena where the majority of the events were held including the Grand Tasting
Live jazz welcoming guests as we arrived
Me, Chris Sawyer aka “Sawyer Somm” the weekend Sommelier overseeing the Wine portion of the events & my friend Lauren
Angela Jackson Director of Media & Clay Gregory President & CEO of Flavor Napa Valley. Thank you both and your team for an incredibly delicious & fun weekend!
The Birthday Boy, Andrew of Andrew Freeman & Co who collaborated on the Event Marketing & PR for Flavor Napa Valley
The Sommelier Team at the incredible VIP Wine Reception at the Grand Tasting
The third floor of the event with open kitchens giving guests a sneak peak into the kitchen as the Chefs prepare their dishes
1. The incredible Banh Mi Dutch Crunch Sandwich by Heritage Eats. This was so good I went back for seconds… ok really for thirds!
The awesome Silverado Team. Chef Jake (on right) and Sous Chef Joseph Hatch. I’ve dined with Chef Jake many times at the Silverado which is always incredible and it was awesome enjoying his delicious cuisine outside of the Resort at this great event!
2. The Cured Yellow Tail Hamachi with Sacramento Delta Caviar and avocado puree on a poppyseed blini
3. Yellow Tail Jack Ceviche with sweet potato chips and Sam’s Hot Sauce by Sam’s Social Club. Kudos Chef Corey and team. Lucky for me I, enjoyed the great food from Sam’s Social Club Friday and Saturday night this weekend!! If you haven’t been yet, check out Sam’s Social Club with amazing food, a great scene and a cool setting.
The Celebrity Cruises booth which I of course visited during the event. Celebrity Cruises is near and dear to my heart since I just cruised with them on their Caribbean Cruise this Winter which was out of this world…. Read more about their Caribbean Cruises and my Celebrity Cruises experiences here.
One Market a fabulous San Francisco Restaurant will be joining Celebrity Cruises for a one-week Caribbean Cruise this Spring. This is the trip I went on which was amazing. Cruising paired with One Market Restaurant and Chef Mark. Fabulous!
4. The Pork Belly Taco by One Market
5. The Kale Chip by The Farm at The Carneros Inn. I also just visited The Farm a few days before this Grand Tasting so was thrilled to see the team again. Although the Kale Chip wasn’t quite as elaborate as the 5-course tasting menu I experienced at The Farm, this was still yummy!
6. Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder in a delicious pastry shell by The Andaz Hotel’s Farmers Table
7. The Auberge Japanese Wagyu Beef Tartare, Wasabi, Crispy Rice
8. The Sausage Sandwich by the Del Dotto Team. This bread roll is one of my favorite dishes in Napa found on the Lobster Roll at the Del Dotto Winery’s Food & Wine Pairing tasting which I highly recommend you experience.
9. The Beef and Bone Marrow Puree from 1313 Main. If you don’t know 1313 Main check them out. I’m a huge fan and love the restaurant and their over the top dining experience.
Me and owner of 1313 Main, Al Jabarin
10. The Harvest Table Pulled Pork Bacon and Cheddar Biscuit. Harvest Table is another Napa Restaurant I’ve enjoyed and recommend, read more about my visit Harvest Table visit here.
The Andrew Freeman (AF & Co) Team. A HUGE thank you to Andrew and the team for helping put on this amazing weekend. I ate and drank my way through Flavor Napa Valley for 4 days and loved it all. Great job AF CO Team!!
DISCLOSURE: Emily, The JetSetting Fashionista enjoyed complimentary press tickets to Flavor Napa Valley Events. However, Emily was not paid to write this post and only writes posts or features about events that she personally enjoys and proudly endorses and wants to share with her readers. All opinions expressed are her own.