What to expect when staying with the St. Regis Punta Minta
If you’re visiting the St. Regis Punta Mita for the first time, prepare to never want to leave. I suggest you read my post on why you must visit The St. Regis Punta Mita first, then read my favorite Top 10 Eats below.
1. The welcome traditional drink at the reception – From the moment you arrive at the hotel they are constantly spoiling you with little treats. The first is the welcome drink upon arrival. After a 45 minute ride from the airport (that’s about how far Punta Mita is from the Cabo Airport), you’re warmly greeted the moment your car enters the property with the delicious fruity drink and bottled water.
The bar area I relaxed in during my check-in
The view I experienced as I was checking in and leisurely enjoying my yummy welcome drink (shown below).
2. Sea Breeze Restaurant’s Pastries – Upon arriving at my room I was surprised with the cutest sweets from the St. Regis Sea Breeze Restaurant pastry team. These cupcakes were incredible, so delicious, and beyond thoughtful. Thanks again for the delicious warm welcome!
3. Poolside treats: Throughout your visit to the pools you are in extremely good hands as the pool attendants continue to share delicious treats including frozen popsicles, a chilled fruit and veggie tray, smoothies, and cold lemonade and iced teas. It is really easy to get used to this incredible culinary guest experience. It’s a foodies dream!
The amazing poolside service included chilled popsicles, ice tea as well as other delicious eats and drinks throughout the day at the adults-only pool. Amazing. The service here really goes above and beyond!
4. & 5. Mita Mary beachside taqueria: The Shrimp Tostado & Lobster Special Tacos from the Mita Mary Bistro Boat. This was the spot I dined the most at the hotel, not just because it’s Mexican food (one of my favorite cuisines) but because it had such a fun, chill setting with incredibly fresh, delicious food. Even on my last day as I was departing the hotel, I had a late lunch just to have the Shrimp Ceviche taco one more time. It’s so popular that not only hotel guests dine here, locals frequent it as well!! Tip if you’re in Punta Mita and don’t get a chance to stay with the St. Regis for sure visit and be sure to experience Mita Mary’s amazing food.
The Lobster Special Taco which was super light, yet flavorful and delicious
The Shrimp Ceviche Taco which I had every single day. It’s a large portion so maybe start with one and see if you’re still hungry!
6. The Breakfast at Las Marietas Restaurant & Bar – The buffet breakfast at Las Marietas is a must-try including an Omelette & Quesadilla station with beachfront dining views. They have every juice you can think of, amazing fruits, and authentic local Mexican cuisine. Come hungry and you may not even need lunch the buffet is so over the top!
The incredible breakfast views
The Omelette Bar. Delicious!
7. Sea Breeze Restaurant’s incredible Sea Food: The ceviche at The Sea Breeze Restaurant. This is very yummy with incredibly fresh seafood and delicious flavors. The cocktails are also delicious at the Sea Breeze and pair lovely with the seafood menu.
8. The Carolina Green Chili Soup – The Green Chile Soup in Chicken Broth was incredible with amazing tomato flavor yet super-light with refreshing jalapeno. This was a fabulous dish at The Carolina Restaurant. See the entire Carolina Restaurant post here.
Amazing Food Presentation
I love the presentation that goes into this soup and watching it poured tableside from a martini shaker. Just an extra touch making this dish and the experience incredible.
9. The Carolina Cocktails: The signature Cucumber Martini cocktail and the tradition of sabering champagne at The Carolina Restaurant. During my visit, I learned that on Friday’s The St. Regis Punta Mita has a weekly sabering of champagne. This is done at every St. Regis (on various days by location). It was super fun to watch this and share this St. Regis Hotels tradition.
10. The turndown treats in your room – I always love when I’m staying at a hotel and I come back to my room and find goodies awaiting me. The St. Regis does this like no one else. Not only did I have chocolate covered raisins, they also provide the weather report and other treats as a warm welcome upon returning to your room.
A huge thanks for the St. Regis Punta Mita for hosting me and collaborating on this post. My visit to your hotel was truly exceptional and I appreciate you sharing the incredible experience with me and my readers.