Zagreb Croatia Dining What You Must Experience In 48 Hours Visiting
For those visiting Zagreb be sure to get ready for some delicious Food & to discover Croatia’s amazing wines. Please visit my Croatian Wine post to read about Croatia Wines more. For what sights to see, check out my 48 Hours Sightseeing In Zagreb post. A few of the must eats during a visit to Zagreb include the below dining bucket list. Zagreb, Croatia.
- Trendy Upper Town’s Cafe Scene – Grab a coffee or a bite, relax and take in the gorgeous scenery. This relaxing over a coffee is not only relevant to Upper Town as throughout Croatia (not just Zagreb) this is very common. It reminds me of the delicious Latte & Cakes in Vienna or the Cafe Culture in Paris. Enjoy!
- Local Zagreb Cuisine – This came recommended by a local for us to try. The food is heartier fare then you’ll find along the coastal towns of Croatia where they focus more on seafood.
- Sladolet (Ice Cream) – I was pleasantly surprised to find Ice Cream all over town. After trying it I learned it’s not just Ice Cream it’s delicious Ice Cream. As tasty as Italy’s Gelato so be sure to save room for this dessert treat.
- Walk the town – Zagreb is a very manageable walking town. Strolling is the best way to see it and experience the intimate culture, shops, markets and history. For those wanting a bit more action, I suggest a City Biking Tour below which offers a bit more guidance and knowledge and a fun activity during a visit.
- Try a Burger – When asking around to the locals (which I always do for the best tips) we learned burgers are a new trend in Zagreb. So we of course tried this hot dish here and I suggest you do too!
Velvet Cafe Zagreb in the charming area near Upper Town
Love the interior of this cafe, you never want to leave it’s so cool!
Traditional Zagreb dining at Starifijaker. This is one of the most well-known authentic restaurants in town so give it a try to see what the local cuisine is.
Chocolate 041 Ice Cream. We heard it was the best in town and after trying it ourselves I agree. Love it!
I highly recommend the “Sneakers” Flavor. Delicious!
Restaurant Korcula I highly recommend for a delicious meal, knowledgeable staff and great wine pairings. Having a knowledgable server sharing wine suggestions and offering us tastes of various wines makes the meal so much fun to me and I end up with a wine I love! It’s on the middle end of price for Zagreb but was our favorite meal we enjoyed in the city.
The delicious Scampi Na Buzara dish we enjoyed. This is a a signature Croatian Sea Food Dish that is divine. Scampi is simmered in wine, tomatoes, garlic and herbs finished with breadcrumbs. We licked this dish clean it was so fabulous.