If you read the blog often, you will know how much I adore wine. Not only as a drinker but also as a student of wine having recently completed my California Appalachian Specialist Certificate and also studying Italian Wine & Region in depth. As a result, when I travel, I pay special attention to the wine offerings as well as the Wine Team hoping to absorb as much information as possible. Celebrity Cruises is a fabulous spot to both enjoy wine and learn about wines. You’ll read why below in my Top 10 Celebrity Cruises Drinks.
Top 10 Celebrity Cruises Drinks
1. Sunset Bar – After settling into your room, head to the Sunset Bar (on the 15th Floor) to take in the fabulous Miami skyline and have a beer or cocktail. This is one of my favorite memories of cruise life: sailing away during the sunset and embarking on a fabulous week in the Caribbean.
Café al Bacio
2. Café al Bacio – Cruise life can be exhausting. I mean, you’re going non-stop (if you’re like me and have a hard time stopping and napping), so a java boost is critical for cruise life energy. This adorable café is just across from another one of my favorite restaurants, The Bistro on Five (found in my Top 10 Eats on The Celebrity Reflection Cruise). When does a writer get the chance to talk firsthand with the Captain, the Chief Engineer, and the Food & Beverage Director? We were just missing my pal Niyaza, The Hotel Director, who I also got to know very well during this trip. This really is a dream team that Celebrity Cruises is so lucky to have! Certainly, it belongs on my list of top Celebrity Cruises Drinks!
Slush Pool Bar
3. Slush Pool Bar – One of my favorite tropical drinks is a Frozen Margarita. Lucky for me, the Pool Bar makes an unbelievable Frozen or On-The-Rocks Margarita, so I was in good hands. I highly recommend the Frozen Margarita with Silver Patron Tequila and Salt because it’s so good you’ll most likely order a second or third within a few minutes. What more could you want from the fabulous Celebrity Cruises?
Cheers to the incredible view of St. Martin. I stayed on the ship that day so I could enjoy the Canyon Ranch Spa and the peaceful quiet pool scene.
As I said, this is the most incredible frozen margarita. After I discovered it, I couldn’t get enough and enjoyed it whenever I was craving a refreshing cocktail!
Smoothie Bar at the Aqua Café
4. Smoothie Bar at the Aqua Café – In between all of the amazing wine and cocktails, I recommend checking out the Smoothie Bar at the Aqua Café. This café is located on the pool deck and serves breakfast and light lunch throughout the day. And if you’re not in the mood for an entire meal, the smoothies are a perfect alternative. You won’t want to miss these Celebrity Cruises Drinks!
The Martini Bar
5. The Martini Bar – The sexiest, swankiest bar on the ship is for sure The Martini Bar. You feel like you’re in a sexy hotel in New York or London yet you’re cruising through the Caribbean. The top of the bar is frozen so as you put your drink down it stays chilled. Enjoying a cocktail or two at the Martini Bar became part of my daily routine with new friends Tina & Frank and Lynda & Drew. As a solo traveler (yes, I went on this cruise alone), I got to meet other cool fun people. Thanks again Tina, Frank, Drew, and Lynda for being so fun and inclusive. That’s really part of the adventure of traveling. That is, who you’ll meet!
Cheers to the delicious Cosmos at the Martini Bar. I felt like Sarah Jessica Parker, drinking cosmos daily during my week at sea with Celebrity. When you’re in as cool and sexy of a setting as the Martini Bar, it’s hard not to settle in and drink away! Another reason to get the Premium Alcohol Package (the package includes cocktails at the Martini Bar!).
The Cellar Bar
6. The Cellar Bar – This list would not be complete without mentioning the Cellar Bar. It’s across from the Martini Bar and is another spectacular spot. They have self-serve wine pours that are great because you can try various wines and different size pours. After that, they will just charge your room key. So easy! In addition, I love that with a glass of wine, they bring you a plate with cheese, olives, and salami. Stephanie and Sinisa (The Master Sommelier of the Ship) are fabulous. Between the two of them or any of the other 22 sommeliers on the ship, you are in excellent hands on any one of the many Celebrity Cruises.
Hotel Director Niyazi (oversees all of the hotel accommodations and food and wine on the ship) and Mike (a fellow passenger who I got to know on the cruise along with his lovely wife Piper!)
Me and The Ship Master Sommelier Sinisa
One night of wine tasting at the Cellar with the delicious bites they serve with your wine
Opus Restaurant’s Wine Tower
7. Opus Restaurant’s Wine Tower – Guesstimate how many wines are stored in the Opus Restaurant Tower (shown below). 1800. With the ship having over 500+ Wine Labels, this display is critical because it must store the wine in a beautiful setting and be able to offer such an extensive wine list. This list of top Celebrity Cruises Drinks wouldn’t be complete without this!
Enjoy a Europe & Mediterranean Buyer’s Choice Wente Wine Cruise
8. Enjoy a Europe & Mediterranean Buyer’s Choice Wente Wine Cruise — If you enjoy cruising and fine wine, this exceptional experience is for you. This very special sailing is limited to just 120 Costco members, read more about Wente Wine Cruise tickets & details here. Eric Wente, Chairman of Wente Vineyards, learned the art of winemaking from his father and grandfather. He developed his modern winemaking methods during chemistry studies at Stanford University and the University of California at Davis. Founded more than 125 years ago, Wente Vineyards is the country’s oldest, continuously-operated, family-owned winery. Today, the winery maintains its leadership role in California winegrowing under ownership and management by the fourth and fifth generations of the Wente family. Indeed, I have visited Wente and it’s incredible, which you can read more about here.
Experience some of the exclusive Wines to Celebrity Cruises
9. Experience some of the exclusive Wines to Celebrity Cruises — Something that Celebrity Cruises is doing that’s very unique is partnering with various Wineries to create exclusive Celebrity wines including Wente and Kendall Jackson. I have visited and adored both of these wineries. Read more about the incredible Food & Wine Pairing at Kendall Estate here.
Try the most expensive wine available on the ship
10. Try the most expensive wine available on the ship — The two most expensive wines available on the ship are Screaming Eagle at $4500 and the Krug Special Edition at $3700. Krug is probably my most favorite champagne. Certainly, I can’t think of a better way to enjoy a vacation than while enjoying incredible Krug! What a great addition to my list of favorite Celebrity Cruises Drinks!
DISCLOSURE: Emily, The JetSetting Fashionista, enjoyed a complimentary trip on the Celebrity Reflection. However, Emily was not paid to write this post. She only writes about hotels, restaurants, and destinations that she personally enjoys and wants to share with her readers. Moreover, all opinions expressed are her own.