If you read the blog often you will know how much I adore Wine. Not only as a drinker but as a student of wine having recently completed my California Appalachian Specialist Certificate and also studying Italian Wine & Region in depth. As a result, when I travel I pay special attention to the Wine offerings as well as the Wine Team hoping to absorb as much information or try new wines I haven’t yet experienced.
Celebrity Cruises is a fabulous spot to both enjoy wine and learn about wines. You’ll read why below in my Top 10 Drinks on Celebrity’s Reflection Cruise.
1. Sunset Bar – After settling into your room when you board, head to the Sunset Bar (on the 15th Floor) to take in the fabulous Miami skyline and have a beer or cocktail. This will be one of my favorite memories of cruise life. Sailing away during the sunset and embarking on a fabulous week in the Caribbean.
2. Café al Bacio – Cruise life can be exhausting. I mean, you are going non-stop (if you are like me and have a hard time stopping and napping) so a java boost is critical for cruise life energy. This adorable Café is just across from another Favorite Restaurant, The Bistro on Five (found in my Top 10 Eats on The Celebrity Reflection Cruise I had the pleasure of joining Captain Athanasios Peppas, his wife, the Chief Engineer Manolis Voulgaris and Food & Beverage Director Srdjan Prastalo for coffee here (shown below) after a Cruise Bridge Tour which was incredible. When does a writer get the chance to talk first hand with the Captain, the Chief Engineer and the Food & Beverage Director? We were just missing my pal Niyaza, The Hotel Director who I also got to know very well during the trip and is amazing. This really is a dream team Celebrity Cruises is so lucky to have!
3. Slush Pool Bar – One of my favorite tropical drinks is a Frozen Margarita. Lucky for me the Pool Bar makes unbelievable Frozen or On The Rocks Margarita so I was in good hands. I highly recommend the Frozen Margarita with Silver Patron Tequila and Salt. It’s so good you’ll most likely order a second or third within a few minutes……
Cheers to the incredible view of St. Martin. I stayed on the ship that day enjoying the Canyon Ranch Spa and the peaceful quiet pool scene
Like I said, this is the most incredible frozen margarita. Once I discovered them I got hooked and enjoyed them by the pool, while hanging on the deck, pretty much whenever I was craving a refreshing delicious cocktail!
4. Smoothie Bar at the Aqua Cafe – In between all of the amazing wine and cocktails I recommend checking out the Smoothie Bar at the Aqua Cafe. This Cafe is located on the pool deck level of the Cruise and serves breakfast and light lunch throughout the day. If you’re not in the mood for an entire meal the smoothies are a perfect alternative or one of their lighter, healthy lunch options.
5. The Martini Bar – The sexiest, swankiest bar on the ship is for sure The Martini Bar. You feel like you’re in a sexy hotel in New York or London yet you’re Cruising through the Caribbean. The top of the bar is frozen so as you put your drink down it stays chilled. Enjoying a cocktail or two at the Martini Bar became part of the daily routine with new friends Tina & Frank and Lynda and Drew. As a solo traveler (yes I went on this Cruise alone) it’s key to meet other cool fun people which I luckily did. Thanks again Tina, Frank, Drew & Lynde for being so fun and inclusive. That’s really part of the adventure in traveling who you’ll meet and new lifelong friends.
Cheers to the delicious Cosmo’s at the Martini Bar. I felt like Sarah Jessica Parker drinking cosmos daily during my week at sea with Celebrity. When you’re in as cool and sexy of a setting as the Martini Bar it’s hard not to settle in and drink away! Another reason to get the Premium Alcohol Package (cocktails at the Martini bar are included!)
6. The Cellar Bar – This list would not be complete with mentioning the Cellar Bar. This is across from the Martini Bar and another spectacular spot. They have self serve wine pours which are great because you can try various wines and different size pours and your room key is just charged. So easy! I also love that with a glass of wine they bring you a plate with cheese, olives and salami. Stephanie and Sinisa (The Master Sommelier of the Ship) are fabulous so between the two of them or any of the other 22 sommeliers on the ship you are in very good hands.
Hotel Director Niyazi (oversees all of the Hotel accommodations, Food & Wine on the Ship) and Mike (A fellow passenger who I got to know on the Cruise with his lovely wife Piper!)
Me and The Ship Master Sommelier Sinisa
One night of wine tasting at the Cellar with the delicious bites they serve with your Wine
7. Opus Restaurant’s Wine Tower – Guesstimate how many wines are stored in the Opus Restaurant Tower (shown below). 1800. With the ship having over 500+ Wine Labels this display is critical to both store the wine in a beautiful setting and be able to offer such an extensive wine list.
8. Enjoy a Europe & Mediterranean Buyer’s Choice Wente Wine Cruise – If you enjoy cruising and fine wine, this exceptional experience is for you. This very special sailing is limited to just 120 Costco members, read more about Wente Wine Cruise tickets & details here. Eric Wente, chairman of Wente Vineyards, learned the art of winemaking from his father and grandfather. He developed his modern winemaking methods during chemistry studies at Stanford University and University of California at Davis. Founded more than 125 years ago, Wente Vineyards is the country’s oldest, continuously operated family-owned winery. Today, the winery maintains its leadership role in California wine growing under ownership and management by the fourth and fifth generations of the Wente family. I have visited Wente and it’s incredible, which you can read more about here.
9. Experience some of the exclusive Wines to Celebrity Cruises – Something that Celebrity Cruises is doing that’s very unique is partnering with various Wineries to create exclusive Celebrity wines including Wente and Kendall Jackson. These are both Wineries I have visited and adore. read more about the incredible Food & Wine Pairing at Kendall Estate here.
10. Try the most expensive wine available on the ship – The two most expensive Wines available on the ship are Screaming Eagle at $4500 or if you prefer Bubbles, the Krug Special Edition at $3700. Krug is probably my most favorite champagne, I can’t think of a better way to enjoy vacation while enjoying incredible Krug!
DISCLOSURE: Emily, The JetSetting Fashionista enjoyed a complimentary trip on the Celebrity Reflection. However, Emily was not paid to write this post and only only writes about Hotels, Restaurants and destinations that she personally enjoys and proudly endorses and wants to share with her readers. All opinions expressed are her own.