What to pack for a 2 day trip
Or in my case, 36 hours in Las Vegas!
You’ll find below the items I packed for a recent business trip to Las Vegas, while attending Food Fight Write’s Food Blogger Conference. With this packing list, I couldn’t have been more prepared for both work and fun evening non work (pleasure) events. If you follow this list, you’ll be prepared for a 36 hour, or we can say 48 hour trip. Remember, the below packing list, includes both work appropriate and leisure items. I include both because when I’m on a work trip I still end up meeting up with friends for a drink and doing some fun personal events requiring a different attire than day time work events.
What to pack:
Everything on the packing list laid out pre packing the suit case
1. Blazers (min 2, 3rd optional): You don’t need 3, but if you want that extra option to wear during the evening that’s a little more FUN than your daytime blazers I’d suggest a 3rd.
A simple black leather blazer (shown on top left & below) You can’t go wrong with as it matches everything. My Alice & Olivia Colton Black Leather Drape Blazer is my go to, but any black blazer you like will work!
A colored blazer. In my case it’s a Pink Leather Blazer from Piperlime, however, the below River Island’s Pink Leather Blazer is similar and only $110!! My pink blazer was one of the BEST investments based on how much I wear it and I would HAVE paid $500, even though it was only $110. Goes to show an item does NOT have to be expensive to be fabulous!
River Island’s Pink Leather Blazer, adorable and only $110
3rd option A FUN statement piece. In my case it’s my absolute FAVORITE Louis Vuitton short sleeve blazer (center blazer top row). I get compliments on it EVERY time I wear it and always feel like a Million $. Every girl should have one or two of these pieces in their wardrobe. If you don’t have one, get one!!
2. Pants: Since I live in laid back Cali my 2 pants are both denim, one dark and one worn. For a more corporate environment (like my New York corporate days) I’d suggest black pants for day and a denim for evening/fun.
Gap 1969 Always Skinny Jeans. For the past few years, ever since Gap redesigned their jeans (and they now fit as well as JBrand Jeans for 1/4 of the price) I’ve been wearing Gap Jeans. Great fit, great washes and a great price. Win win!
3. Tops (2) & layering pieces (2): I like to wear a thin tank top under most blazers, the Banana Republic Tank is my FAVORITE! For night I wear a more fun, sexy top. It’s always nice to have an option for an outfit change after a long day working to freshen up your look and go from day to-night!
Top row: Going out tops, both from Banana Republic. Great tops I got during their Friends & Family at awesome 50% prices!
Bottom Row: Layering Tops JCrew Vintage Tee (Grey & White) & a Brown Banana Republic Tank Top
4. Shoes (2, option 3rd if room or working out): I’ve learned I only need 2 shoes for a short trip. A comfortable flat and a heel. Typically, my comfortable flat is my Chanel Ballet Flat or a JCrew Ballet. My heel is usually my JCrew Valentina Pump in Black or Metallic depending on what I pack. The metallic adds some fun to the packing list vs a more traditional (boring to be honest) black heel.
JCrew Valentina Mirror Metalic Pump & Chanel Beige & Black Ballet Flats
5. Jewelry: When traveling I usually wear studs during the day and a more fun larger evening for evening. My favorite studs are Black & Diamond color from Kate Spade. My larger evening earrings lately have been two of my favorite JCrew earrings or my favorite Banana Republic chandelier earrings. Whichever I wear they usually get a few compliments guaranteed!
My Toiletries, Make up Bag, Earrings and small Jewelry pouch… YES I love monogram!
6. Belt (1-2) A simple black belt is a must plus a second neutral color such as brown or beige depending on what tops you pack (shown above in packing picture).
7. PJ’s (1) & Slippers (1) – Comfy PJ’s are a must to settle into a hotel room and the first thing I do when I take off my shoes is put on slippers. I always pack a pair (from prior visits to other hotels). As for PJ’s, I love my Gap sleeping pant with an old t-shirt. No frills when I’m sleeping.
8. Electronics & Chargers: This is probably the MOST important thing to pack. Especially as a blogger. I’m always on my devices tweeting, sharing on Instagram, listening to music or working on a blog post. My list includes:
Iphone/Ipad/Iphone Car/Laptop (if I bring my computer, this trip I tried just an IPad and it was much lighter and seemed to be ok) chargers
Backup charger (I learned rather than be dependent on finding an outlet every few hours I bring my own back up charger) which is awesome. It gives me 2-3 phone chargers which will last me at least a day (until I can recharge the charger overnight)
Iphone Car Charger
9. Silk Scarf/Blanket (1): This is also one of the most universal items I pack. While flying it doubles as a blanket. Otherwise, it’s a neck scarf adding extra warmth to whatever I’m wearing. My go to is a Louis Vuitton Monogram Silk Scarf which I have in Ivory, Pink and Navy Blue. Depending on what I’ve packed will determine which color gets packed!
Louis Vuitton Monogram Silk Shawl…. one of the best investments you’ll make!
10. Suitcase (1) & Bags (2). Suitcase, a daytime tote, in my case is my Louis Vuitton Neverfull and an evening clutch. Lately, I’ve been using my Leopard Clutch (a Banana Republic oldie but goodie). I am a HUGE Leopard lover so it adds that fun to any outfit.
11. Underwear (2x # of days away), Bras (2 Neutral & a black) & Socks (only if I’m working out):
12. Optional Workout Pant (1) & Top (1) ONLY if I know I’ll have time to do a workout. If not, I’ve stopped packing it to pack it. In this case I knew I had back to back meetings and would NOT workout so I didn’t even both packing anything except my comfy flying pants shown below.
Athleta City Jogger is my new favorite work out pant as it doubles as a casual pant to travel in AND a great workout option
13. Optional Sleep Kit: My sleep kit includes an eye mask and ear plugs. Allows me to sleep in any hotel, on any plane blocking out noise and light. Priceless!!!